Dr. Gluskin appeared on several television news and radio programs discussing the importance of continuing dental visits – even during a pandemic
Furthering the AAE’s mission to increase awareness about the important role endodontists play treating tooth pain, saving natural teeth and addressing dental emergencies in the era of COVID-19 and beyond, AAE President Dr. Alan H. Gluskin completed a successful satellite media tour earlier this month. He took part in 24 unique interviews — with many more airings than that, thanks to a self-contained interview, which was picked up in several media markets throughout the country. He also recorded an audio news release, which was picked up by these outlets. See below for a collection of media clips made available to us. In total, the media tour has yielded:
• 387 broadcast TV interviews aired
• 146 radio interviews aired
• 1,023 online video distribution
• Total placements: 1,612
• Total impressions: 255,423,168
Ask An Expert Segment (20-minute spot)
In addition to the interviews, Dr. Gluskin also released a video and audio news release to really drive these important points home.
Endodontists are the dental specialists who focus on root canal treatment and saving teeth. More than 90 percent of endodontic practices are fully reopened by now – and most of these specialists were open for emergencies even during the height of COVID-19, reducing the need for patients to seek emergency dental care at ERs and Urgent Care facilities.
And don’t delay that routine check-up with your dentist either. Putting off preventive care will only make your dental issues worse and could potentially lead to long-term issues with your teeth and gums.
To make the office as safe as possible, American Association of Endodontists members have been adhering to all guidelines put forth by the AAE, ADA and CDC, creating a well-protected office experience for all patients in need.
Questions answered by Dr. Gluskin included:
- What constitutes a dental emergency? How do you know if you need an endodontist?
- What is the “rubber dam” and why is it important, especially in the era of COVID-19?
- Along with the standard safety and sterilization precautions regularly implemented, what additional prevention steps are endodontists offices taking?
- What can patients expect when visiting a dental office?
- What preventative care should people be practicing during the pandemic? Where can I go for more information about COVID-19, emergency dental care and finding an endodontist?
You can also check out these quick tips for ensuring your dental health isn’t compromised during COVID-19:
- Wash hands often and especially before/after brushing teeth.
- Brush teeth upon waking up/going to bed.
- Use mouthwash.
- Floss regularly.
- Replace toothbrush every 3-4 months.